Monday, August 10, 2009

Some follow up...

this kit is in my purse at all times - I never leave home without it! ;)

the contents of the kit removed from it's casing...

Hello everyone, this is the Creative Beast, chiming in on what my dear glamorous friend Lisa L is saying.


I concur that sewing is really not a difficult thing to learn, after all I learned to sew by hand at the tender age of 6 and learned to sew on a sewing machine at 11, before I took the requisite sewing class in middle school. Needless to say, since I already knew my way around a sewing machine by then, I was stitching up cute terry shorts (which is a difficult stretch fabric) and using stretch binding around the hem (this was the still the 70's), instead of making a simple gym bag or dishtowel with my fellow classmates.


So with a little guidance from us, and some practice on your part, you will be sewing your own buttons and repairing your hems in no time at all! Not to mention learning more advanced techniques to get you making your own amazing clothing designs or renovating clothing you may already have in your closet. In the meantime, I've posted pictures of what my very tiny travel sewing kit looks like - soon I'll post on the importance of the tools of the trade.
Now go out and get your sewing kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment